Kev's Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Board Finished

Well I got everything done and on time to boot. Was worried there for a while that I may not have the print job done in time. The actual print job only took a few hours apparently cause they called me back to pick up my print the same day. (I guess that would have been around 8 o clock if i dropped if off at 4) This project also helped me discover how to make 3 dimensional objects in illustrator (my ice cubes, and I can also do cylinders wewt!) which really helped my project along. However it did make a ton of layers for each cube which made the file size huge, but what can you do.

A few things I noticed while working through this project that I will change next time around.
[Foamcore] I can't get over how great this stuff makes things look. I just have to remember to stock up on razor blades before slicing up a nice project.
[Flattening the Image] When I flattened my board in photoshop it drew a black line in the middle of my print. I didn't notice it until it was already printed. Im going to have to check closer before I send it to be setup. If I spot something I know I can try and clone over the errors if it happens again.

Overall I think it turned out pretty decent. Andrew said it made him thirsty when he looked at it which made me laugh. Hopefully I get a decent grade on it. Ill put up the print copy when I get home tonight.

Cheers
Kev~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home