Kev's Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Super Sculpey Assignment

So I actually had a fun time putting this dude together... took a little while but i persisted. I used a broken coat hanger inside him for the skeleton. I wrapped the hanger in tinfoil to give it some girth. I used three quarters of the super sculpey to do the whole thing. I originally was going to use one rock to have him stand but his arms were too spread so I ended up combining the two rocks together. Both the rocks had tinfoil in them to save on scupley. The arms were also filled with coat hanger skeletons as well.






For baking I did it in several different steps. I baked the body and the head together and kept adding to that and continued to bake. I baked the legs and arms and rock on at different time and stuck them on and baked it together. To finish it up I added fangs and baked him again.


Painting was pretty simple afterwards. He came out kinda looking like a gargoyle or werewolf. I added some red to the eye sockets and it turned out pretty decent I think. He sittin on my desk now smiling away. :)





Kev~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home